Monday 27 April 2009

Bread Bowl Pasta? More Like Bread Bowl FUN!

Can't fit into that wedding dress? Need help filling out that new polo? Look no further. Domino's has created a monster that goes contrary to all recently conceived diet recommendations. "Screw you," says the pasta-filled bread bowl says to the protein-dominant diets of the early 2000's. "Go ahead and eat that cereal for breakfast in your half-hearted attempt to lose weight or in your passive aggressive attempt to get your breakfast partner to lose weight," says Domino's, "come to us on the way home from work, when you feel vulnerable, and let our colossal carbohydrate cake corrode your carotid."

I've recently thought about pasta in a new way. It's just bread formed into interesting shapes. I find it difficult to feel like I'm getting a deal when I pay more than a couple bucks for a pasta dish at a restaurant. By serving me a pasta dish in a nest of bread, Domino's is trying to fool me again. I guess we know we are in a recession when the carbohydrate/other stuff ratio increases, but don't try to fool me into thinking that I want to do this, or into thinking that it's a good idea. Domino's is serving bread in a bread bowl with a bit of sauce.
Gross.


I want one.

No comments: