Friday 23 October 2009

Part 2: From Russia, With Love

I should start with some commentary. I ran into this girl on match.com. She looked completely normal. She had normal things in her profile. She liked racquetball. She had just finished a book that, while I had never heard of the title or the author, sounded reasonably interesting/normal. She was holding a cat in her profile picture. I don't like cats, but this increasingly seems to be a trait I have to change in order to convince a woman to enjoy my presence. I'm not saying that I started making wedding plans or anything, but I was certainly filled with a bit of joy that she (it could've been anyone really) sent me a message.

Anyway, without further ado (is that really a word? is it a do? uhdoo? oh well) I bring you the next segment.

Received:
Hello !!!!
my name is Anastasiya! I have seen your profile on Match.com and I liked it.I'm not sure what write for the first time, I think that at first you should see my photos and I'm sending my photos...I have some photos, to be fair I have many photos I like to take photos and I wanted to work as model and I can and like to dance a lot.I studied dance from 6 years old.you should know I'm looking forward to visiting your beautiful country and I would like to meet a man over there who will be interested in meeting me!I will work in any bar or restaraunt because it is my proffesion now and I am good waitress.My mom was abroad a few years ago,and she has told that I have to leave russia and try to live in civilazation country,she thinks that I am enough pretty to live here, I don't feel that I am beautiful like Hoolywood girls but not the worst variant,I think so. [[I still laugh when I think about that last sentence...hoolywood...HAHAHAHA!]]

I've never been abroad before and I would like to visit there so much! I'm looking for a friend, lover or maybe even something serious...I'm a free bird now, I don't have a boyfriend and I'm open to anything!!! Please if you have time and the wish to meet young lady please write me about yourself too!!!! I am looking just for a good man who can show me over there,I`m 27 years old, I hope my age is ok for you??I live in Russia.In small town in deep of Syberia. There is big enough city Irkutsk and many people work there ,there is not well paid job here.

I hope that you will write me back? I will wait for your answer. When I hear back from you I will write more things about myself and send more pics! and please some pictures from you ! and please forgive my broken english! Anastasiya.

PS: This is my personal e-mail address so please send a word to let me know if you want to continue correspondence, I will wait for your answer!!!

[[At this point, I realize that this is pretty obviously some sort of scam that I probably shouldn’t get involved in and hence, do not reply.]]

Received a Couple Days Later:
Hi its me again! I was waiting for a message from you, but you wrote nothing to me.. What is your name??? I really thought we can talk for a while and I want to know you better, maybe we have something in common! Pls send me a note, I hope to hear from you soon!!!!
Kisses, Anastasiya

[[At this point, I realize that this is most surely a scam that I cannot help but get involved in]]

Sent:
well anastasiya. i'm a bit confused. your original message said your name was shawna and that you were from cheshire, or. did i miss something?

Stay tuned for Part 3: Persistent Perestroika

No comments: